There is only one living being who very strongly declared himself as the supreme. That person is Lord Krishna.
Lord Krishna declared himself as the Supreme Father:
“It should be understood that all species of life, o son of Kunti, are made possible by birth in this material nature, and that I am the seed giving father” (Bhagavad-Gita 14.4)
Lord Krishna declared himself as the Supreme Creator:
“Furthermore, O Arjuna, I am the generating seed of all existences. There is no being, moving or unmoving, that can exist without me” (Bhagavad-Gita 10.39)
Lord Krishna declared himself as the Supreme Controller:
“I give heat, and I withhold and send forth the rain” (Bhagavad-Gita 9.19)
“With a single fragment of myself I pervade and support this entire universe”(Bhagavad-Gita 10.42)
Lord Krishna declared himself as the Supreme Maintainer:
“I enter into each planet, and by my energy they stay in orbit” (Bhagavad-Gita 15.13)
Lord Krishna is Omnipresent: meaning he is present everywhere.
“I am the supersoul, O Arjuna, seated in the hearts of all living entities, I am the beginning, the middle, and the end of all beings” ( Bhagavad-Gita 10.20)
Lord Krishna is omnipotent, meaning he is the greatest:
“There is no truth beyond Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread”(Bhagavad-Gita 7.7)
Lord Krishna is Omniscient: meaning he knows the past, present, and the future:
“O Arjuna, I know everything that has happened in the past, all that is happening in the present, and all things that are yet to come. I also know all living entities” (Bhagavad-Gita 7.26)
“Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember all of them, but you cannot!”(Bhagavad-Gita 4.5)
Lord Krishna declared himself as the Only God:
“Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only me, O son of Kunti, but they do so in a wrong way. I am the only enjoyer and master of all sacrifices. Therefore, those who do not recognize my true transcendental nature fall down.” (Bhagavad-Gita 9.24)
“Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear.” (Bhagavad-Gita 18.66)
What’s the Proof that Krishna is God?
Anyone can claim to be God, but who can actually prove it?
In each incarnation, Lord Krishna proved without any doubt that he was God. Full details on all the miracles performed by Lord Krishna can be found in the Srimad Bhagavatam.
Lord Krishna performed miracles that no other being can perform:
- When Lord Krishna was 7 years old, he lifted a mountain (26 miles in perimeter) and held it up with his one hand for 7 days. Witnessed by tens of thousands of people who were standing underneath the mountain.
- Lord Krishna expanded his body into 16,108 forms. Which means he duplicated his body into 16,108 identical bodies.
- Lord Krishna in his Ram incarnation built a bridge between India and Sri Lanka by making stones float on the sea. NASA has satellite images of this bridge built by Lord Ram around 2 million years ago.
- Lord Krishna showed the whole Universe in his mouth several times.
- Many atheists tried to kill Lord Krishna, but Lord Krishna very easily defeated them all and also gave them on the spot liberation. Lord Krishna is most merciful; he gives liberation even to those who try to kill him. The Lord can give on the spot liberation; one does not need to wait for the Day of Judgment.
- Lord Krishna brought back to life many dead people including the six children of Devaki.
- Lord Krishna cured diseased people including transforming a hunchback woman into a most beautiful woman in return for offering sandalwood pulp to the Lord.
- Lord Krishna destroyed all the wicked Kings and evil people who were tormenting and harassing the public. People were saved in this very life.
- Lord Krishna put out a big forest fire, simply by swallowing it whole.
- Lord Krishna transformed himself into exact copies of others.
- Lord Krishna granted Arjuna divine vision and reveled his spectacular unlimited form as the cosmic universe. In which Arjuna could see the various forms of Lord Krishna, and unlimited Planets while being seated in one place. He was also shown the past, present, and future.
- When a woman called Draupadi was disrobed in a court of kings, she called out to Lord Krishna for help and he supplied her with an unlimited sari and thus she could not be disrobed.
- Lord Krishna in his Maha Vishnu form, is so big that millions of Universes are coming out from his body with every exhalation, and with every inhalation, millions of Universes enter his body. When Maha Vishnu inhales or exhales just once, 311 trillion years pass on Earth.
- Lord Krishna can make himself so small that he can enter the atom.
Lord Krishna’s References
The Vedic scriptures are the only scriptures that have existed since the beginning of time, and thus are eternal and the absolute truth. There is no higher authority than that of the Vedic scriptures.
Lord Brahma who is the first created living being states in the Brahma Samhita:
“Krishna who is known as Govinda is the supreme godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and he is the prime cause of all causes.” (Brahma Samhita 5.1)
Lord Shiva in the Gita Mahatmya states:
“Only one God – Krishna, the son of Devaki (verse 7)
In the Padma Purana it is stated:
“By scrutinizingly reviewing all the revealed scriptures and judging them again and again, it is now concluded that Lord Narayana is the supreme absolute truth, and thus he alone should be worshipped”
In the Skanda Purana it states:
“In the material world, which is full of darkness and dangers, combined with birth and death and full of different anxieties, the only way to get out of the great entanglement is to accept loving transcendental devotional service to Lord Vasudeva.”
The position of Krishna as God is confirmed by great personalities like Narada, Asita, Devela, Parasara, Brahma, and Shiva.
Everyone is looking for God; well here is the person God, Lord Krishna. Since you do not know anyone else with the details and proof just mentioned. You should surrender onto him if you want to escape from the fangs of material life; birth, old age, disease, and death.